1. Dice your onion finely and add to a pan with some olive oil and salt. Leave sweat off for 5 minutes.
2. Dice your garlic and add to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes on a low heat.
3. Peel your potatoes, chop into smallish squares and add to the pot.
4. Add stock just enough to cover the potatoes.
5. Bring to the boil and prepare the kale by stripping the leaves from the stalk, giving them a good wash and finally chopping them finely.
6. Just before the soup is ready add the kale and cook for a further 5 minutes until the kale is cooked.
7. Season and serve