- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Mash up the bananas the add the oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, mixed spices and combine well.
- Add dried fruits (optional)
- Bake in a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin for 35-45 minutes.
Amazing to eat warm but it is true that banana cakes just get better with age!
A friend once said to me that desserts aren’t meant to be healthy, I disagree! If we can add more nutrition to a meal then lets which is why I have used a whole mixture of flours in the recipe as I feel it really does punch a whole load of flavour and fills you up with goodness instead of empty calories. Coconut sugar has been used in this recipe, have done this because it is known to retain large amount of nutrients such as Iron, Zinc, Calcium and Potassium, along with some antioxidants.
Also, try replacing sunflower oil with a light olive oil, its so much better for you x