It’s Spring yet it feels like an Indian Summer, who knows where this weather is coming from? I hear it’s snowing in Scotland! Who says Global warming is a farce?
I’ve selected 4 great producers for my ingredients this month:
1. Blaencamel Farm – Charlotte Potatoes
2. The Olive Bar – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Kalamata Olive Paste
3. Cardiff Herb Co. – Wild Garlic, Nettles
4. Spice of Life – Salt and Pepper
- Peel and chop your potatoes and then boil in salted water until slightly tender.
- Bring a pan to the heat and add the cooked potatoes along with some some oil and fry until you get a nice brown crispy edge. Set aside to cool.
- Wash your Wild Garlic and Nettles before giving them a quick blanch in some boiling water to kill the sting and reduce the strength of the garlic.
- Chop up the Wild Garlic and Nettles and mix with the Olive Paste and then fold into the cold potato mix.
- Shape into rounds or moults, foil and then pop in a nice hot oven and sit back till ready!
written April 2012