Skip to content
- Mix your butter, treacle, sugar and eggs together like you would start to make a cake.
- Weight out your flour and almonds with all your spices and raising agents and add to the mix.
- Give it a good stir, you should have quite a dry mix that you can roll into two long sausages.
- Lay the two sausage shapes on some parchment paper, flatten down to about 1cm thickness and bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- After 20 minutes or till the surface is browning, take out of the oven to cool.
- Once cooled, on an angle slice into 1cm slices, lay flat back on the tray and bake till crisp, 10 minutes or so.