- Mix the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients, whisking constantly, to form a smooth batter.
- Place the courgettes and onions into a bowl and mix well.
- Add some of the batter to the vegetable mixture, enough to bind it together.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Place a spoonful of the mixture into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown all over. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside in a warm place and repeat the process until all the fritter mixture is used up