Get yourself prepared by preheating the oven to 170 Degrees Celsius, lining the tin, weighing out all the ingredients and getting all the utensils out your going to need.
1. Mix the sugar and margarine together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Grate the Carrots and add to the mix.
3. Add the sultanas to the mix
4. Add the Orange juice and zest to the mix
5. Sift the flour, salt, spices and vanilla into the mix and stir well.
6. Spread out in the baking tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes until nice and brown on the top and cooked in the middle.
Always poke a knife or a cocktail stick into the middle of the cake just before you think it is ready to see if it is cooked in the middle as it might need longer in the oven.
Once cooled you can make some of the vanilla icing below to go on top for that perfect finish.